Friday, August 25, 2023

Finding your Book Friday - Zodiac Academy book 1

 Finding your book Friday! 


This is my first entry for this theme. The purpose behind this theme is to share my reviews on books. I do like all sorts of genres. So I do appologize now if after several weeks it is all coming from the same type of genre. I am a mood reader so I will book hop from time to time till I find something that catches my eye. 

And since I am a mood reader, sometimes I may have a hard time picking up a book, So because of this I will be sharing past reviews I have done as well as book I have just finished. If you can't wait till the next friday post and you just really want to follow with what I have read and my reviews more closely you can friend me on GoodReads. 

All Fridays after today will also just go straight in to my book choice for that day. So don't sweat it thinking I will be treating this like a food recipe you can find on the internet that requires a whole long story and 5 minutes of scrolling before you get to the meat..... cause that won't be this! 


 Suprise!! Double Review!


I figured I would start off with 2 books that I read at the same time, so it is only proper their reviews go up at once. 













Review for Zodiac Academy The Awakening

I started this book before as my first book by the twisted sisters. I couldn’t get into it.. So I tried audio and failed (at that point I didn't typically do audio) … After some time passed I had picked up the Ruthless boys of the Zodiac by the twisted sisters… ABSOLUTELY LOVED LOVED the series and couldn’t put it down.. Was sad that it ended but realized it happened 5 years before this book. So I decided I would give it another go, but was going to make sure I went in order and the most logical way possible to get through this first book.

I highly recommend if you are looking to start this series to at least pick up the prequel novella and read it before this if you don’t want to read Ruthless fae of the zodiac first. Understand the characters in that series are in the same world as this book and will make appearances throughout this series.

** second recommendation. If you are not big on bullying.. Or sometimes it can sour a book for you, OR you are a mood reader.. Get this book along with Zodiac Academy As told by the boys and read them in Tandem. The prequel and this doesn’t justify the bullying you will face, however it will put more logic behind what you are seeing. And because this is a vicious Fae world you will take that bullying is done differently and looked at differently because everything is based on seeing where you sit in the power ranking.

I am personally glad that I was not able to get into this book at first and chose to read the other series first. It definitely helped me to enjoy this book more and understand why we see this bullying like the power game was shown in, but in the case for the throne and ruling this land it is more in your face in this book. Now this book does break down things in the world for you to see how it all works as though you just landed in the world of solaria because of the Twins, so you will come out of this book with an even better understanding of the mechanics of the world.

Regardless with how you read this book, it is worth the time. This story has been wonderfully written and the world building is top notch! These authors are great at character building and leaving you on a cliff hanger. So maybe just be prepared to want the next book immediately.

Grab your copy here: https://amzn.to/3Pl3V9v

Review for Zodiac Academy The Awakening, As Told By The Boys

  

This isn’t one that you have to read to get through the series HOWEVER! This is perspective that really changes how this series goes, and how you look at these guys when your first reading the series.
Will you have some anger/ hate for them? Sure… will it be less so for a few of them? Yup!

I read this in Tandem with The Awakening… so bonus because it gave more depth and perspective in those first days… HOWEVER, downfall to doing it that way, you run into moments that you feel it is all redundant because it is 2 books about the same time frame, just different POV.. So I ended up at the moment instead of going by my in tandem chapter list, if I was really digging one of the 2 books at a moment I would just keep going for another chapter or two then flip back to the other. So it wasn't perfect in tandem but didn’t effect the reading of the story any.

Just like the other books written by the Twisted Sisters, this book did not disappoint. It was wonderfully written, and I feel that those POV were really needed for getting into this series. If this is a series you plan to read all the way through, definitely give this book time to read to get the other side of what was happening during Zodiac Academy The Awakening. You also learn a lot about the other things happening in the background during this time that you don’t see in The Awakening. There are also plenty of snippets that made my heart happy that were showing the Ruthless boys of the Zodiac, and what they were up to.

Grab your copy here: https://amzn.to/3PEHgWI


Last Thoughts

Please understand this series when you go to the Twisted Sister's Facebook page will have more than 1 way to read the books in the world of Solaria. I chose the way that best fit me, and I will talk more on that in my next blog post. The point behind this is, you should not feel like you need to read these books side by side as I did, because most people don't. 

**So next book focused post will discuss the way I have read the world of solaria up to this point, and plan to continue, and an alternative way that is very popular amongst fans.**

No comments:

Post a Comment