Friday, November 10, 2023

Review: Good for You

Good for You Good for You by Camille Pagán
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Grabbed this book for a hopefully light read that I could have as good background while I was working. So I did do audio for a large hunk of this book.

I picked it for my summer reads book for the kindle book mark. Admitedly I grabbed it cause it's blurb seemed like it would be a decent book that wouldn't be too deep, and it was free to read and listen on KU.

sooo yeah it definately fit for being an easy to listen to while I was working. It was also an easy to read digitally. However, the connections I had with the characters, wasn't anticipated. The characters were well written. So much so that my annoyance with the one track mind the Main character had for so much, in an attempt to control life around here drove me nuts. But not a drove me nuts, I gotta put the book down. More like when is someone going to get through to her so she can see sense.

This is more a fade to black when it comes to smexy in the bedroom. Since frankly that being done isn't really the point of the book. The relationship that develops is just a part of the bigger thing that is being dealt with.
This does hit some hard topics with the grieving process, and the author did it so elequantly that well you may need some tissues in the last quarter of the book. You do get a HEA at the end of it all.

I can say I bit off more than I exspected with this book, however, I am 100% happy it was the one I grabbed to complete that book mark. If you are in between books, or just coming off a series this may help get you through that to your next book binge.

You can get your own copy of this book HERE


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment